Norti Bliss Balls
Toasted Coconut Bliss Balls Using Norti Chocolate
Amazing and delicious Norti Bliss Balls made by The Thriving Vegan.
You can check out her Instagram page here - https://www.instagram.com/laine.rudolfa/
1 cup (100g) coconut shreds
1 cup (150g) juicy dates, pitted
¼ tsp grated lime peel
1 tsp lime juice
¼ tsp pure vanilla powder
A pinch of Himalayan salt
45g Norti chocolate
For toppings: toasted coconut shreds, freeze-dried raspberries or your favorite toppings
1. Lay a pan with a baking paper, spread over the coconut shreds and toast them in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 8 minutes until golden (keep an eye on them as they can burn easily!). Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature.
2. Make the bliss balls – in a food processor, combine toasted coconut, dates, lime peel, lime juice, vanilla, and salt. Process until you get a sticky dough that forms easily. Take about 2 tsp of the dough (you can take more/less) and form a ball. Repeat until you run out of dough. Place the balls in the fridge to set.
3. In the meantime, melt the chocolate. In a saucepan, heat about 2 cm of water. Set a heatproof bowl with the Norti chocolate on the top of the saucepan (make sure the chocolate doesn’t come into contact with water!). Stir chocolate occasionally as it melts.
4. Drip the balls into the chocolate – you can cover the whole surface or just a part of the ball. Use a fork or spoon to roll the balls in the chocolate. Place them on a baking paper to dry. Sprinkle with desired toppings – extra toasted coconut, freeze-dried raspberries or any of your favorite superfoods.
5. Place the bliss balls in the fridge to set for about an hour. Enjoy! Store the leftovers in the fridge.